Tuesday 24 July 2007

Acceptance is the answer to all my problems

I have come to the conclusion that life is easier for men. They can age and get fat yet still attract the most fair, beautiful members of the opposite sex. This is not fair. Life is not fair and I need to accept that fact, specifically in relation to this gender inbalance in life. Maybe I am wrong about this, but as far as I can make out from my observations about life the world revolves around sex.

This conclusion has been brought about by the recent spat of babies at my office, at weddings were my contemporaries are currently to be found and the fact that there are just SO MANY people in the world.

Due to my lack of close contact with the opposite sex during my two years or so abstinent from alcohol my perceptions as to the frequency with which other people (or EVERY ONE ELSE EXCEPT ME as the thought actually runs in my head) are having sex are heightened, perhaps unusually so. Every person that I see is the result of two people having lots of pleasurable and thorougly enjoying acts of making love.

During my recent musings as to the purpose of life it seems that one such purpose is to pro create i.e have lots of sex. This is the purpose of life and yet I am not furthering this purpose at all. Perhaps this is why I feel so purposeless in life, like a leave driting in the wind with no descernable aim.

So the world revolves around sex and men are able to get more of it, they get hurt less when they shag around and have no risk of unwanted pregnancies. Women become spent as soon as they get a bit chubby/matronly/grey.

This is a fact. I am past being convinced that it is not. The world favours the young and the beautiful. Accepting this fact is painful, but it is the answer.

2 comments:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Hmm..
Inflexible or Fixed ideas of any kind always 'stink' a bit, I find..
See I would not call what you describe as 'acceptance'. The anger (ie resentment) is still very ? 'visible'. Differentiating it very clearly from the tone of acceptance. Resentment of any kind always indicates that we are off track. Well thats what I think anyway..

Greg said...

I don't think it's "the world" that is making the statement, but the people of the world you chose to place as ideal. I hang out with a nerdy bunch. We can actually look at our wives and talk about how much fun they were in different stages of pregnancy physically, sexually, just all around. I think I know what world of people you refer to, like those who have opinions on things they have no experience with like marriage and pregnancy. There are people that just haven't learned what we have yet. Like "Scott Baio 46 and Pregnant." Look at him he's a big kid and hangs out with 40+ year old kids that have no idea but they are starting to grow up with him and his pregnant wife. Interesting show if you watch it.