Thursday 22 March 2007

Living in the Solution at Work

I had a conversation with my boss yesterday and I told him I thought people in the team were excluding me. When I said it out load I immediately knew it was largely my paranoia and I wish I hadn't said anything. Then I actually felt glad that I had said it and so it he. It was something that was troubling me and as he said, perception is as important as reality. When he asked me for examples as to why I felt excluded I was left with saying it was just a feeling. Feeling aren't facts. This is true, but there are situations in which these feelings accurately reflect the reality of the situation. Instead of immediately falling in the habitual routine of criticising myself for saying the wrong thing I saw that life is not black and white and is complex. He didn't dismiss my concerns he wanted to find a solution, so we came with one and we are meeting again on the 18 April to see if things improve. So there ARE solutions. I don't have to fester in resentment for the next year as I have done the last two vis a vis the situation with my colleagues.

No comments: