Monday 26 March 2007

Nice Bloke shame about me

A friend of a friend said he quite liked me.

As usual, my expectations were too high. He asked me out by text I replied but he never took me. He invited me to his birthday, but I felt he didn't pay me enough attention. I felt awkward around him. If I got to close he would see that I wasn't as attractive as he thought. It was darker in the bar were we met last time.

Now he sees me in the light he has gone off me.

A friend tells me he really fancies me. I don't believe her. Then I do believe her but thinks she has spoken to him before the night began, now it is the middle of the night, he has spoken to me and decides he doesn't like me anymore.

He has regretted inviting me.
I am making him feel uncomfortable.
He wants me to go so he can start to enjoy himself and not feel constrained by having me there. I am spoiling their evening.

I leave.

I am sure he is breathing a sigh of relief as my back turns. He texts me in the morning. Hope you got home safely, thanks for coming out, see you soon.

See, I knew he didn't like me.

Thanks for coming fatty, I won't be asking you again, but I will end it politely. That is what he is really saying. Not good enough love. Don't bother me again.

I wish I had never gone. It's all pointless. He saw through me. I knew I saw him looking at me funnily, saying to me in his head

'I see you now and I see you are strange, not attractive,
overweight and I can see you have emotional/mental problems,
I am a doctor after all.
I bet you have no friends.
You are an outsider.
You don't belong here.
It was a mistake that I invited you.
I sent a text to my whole phonebook and you were in it. I forgot that.
I meant to delete you first.'

I read the text again. It makes me feel crap.

No comments: