Friday 13 April 2007

Lashings of Gratitute

ANYWAY..looking on the brighter side of my day today (and recognising I am obsessed being rejected at this present moment in time and therefore obsessed with, yep, me again!) time to reflect on the good things that have happened today:

I worked hard at work/am working outside my comfort zone on more challenging things and therefore growing & developing (cf. day dreaming/fantasising)

I haven't had a drink today or for the past 23 months!!! (clearly there is a problem as this should have gone at the top of my list!?)

I have not had or thought of a cigarette today

I had a tango lesson with two guys whose company I enjoy who I met recently

I have broadened my social circle and have done it myself, using my own initiative and putting the action in to create a wider social circle (recognising I just did not feel comfortable around pr aa friends)

I went to a bar with new pals and then had McDonald's in central London at midnight. No thought of a drink and thoroughly enjoyed it! (cf. crying in the corner after numerous cans of Stella)

Found somewhere to live

Got plenty of money in my pocket

Invited out tomorrow for shopping with new girl acquaintances

Got invited to Salsa on Sunday night

Live in a thriving capital city and still have my life ahead of me

Have the fellowship of AA and opportunity to live a rich and useful life and a daily opportunity to be loving and kind

Found out the hot totty I met whilst on holiday apparently thinks I was fit!! (I won't be holding my breath on that one though, men are so fickle ;-)

No comments: