Thursday 6 September 2007

Growth

I have asked for some advice on my career situation and got some very candid feedback.

I shudder about some of the fantastic opportunities I have missed because I have been in denial about certain things or just not willing to educate myself enough. Denial really is a right bugger.

It's been easier to find fault with everyone else.

There a few areas I can now "see" I need to work on. I don't want to go into them all here, I am rather embarrassed about it all if the truth be known. At least I can "feel" that I am closer to the truth than I was before.

The Truth Shall Set you Free.

I am still not really sure that this is what is going on here, I just feel a bit strange...like things have been rearranged. Humbled/embarrassed/feel like I look a bit silly/sad/angry with myself.

I have missed both my home groups this week, one was unavoidable as I was away for work the other I chose to do something else.

1 comment:

johno said...

"Humbled/embarrassed/feel like I look a bit silly/sad/angry with myself"

Spirirual pride - I think I should be better than I am by now, or I am not a stupid person... i should have seen this fr myself.

All part of the process

motives for doing or NOT doing things are everything. Good motives lead towards peace of mind and growth. Bad motives driven by defects lead to remorse, regret, restless irritable, discontent, fear etc etc