Saturday 15 September 2007

Weekends

I feel less lonely during the weekends. I used to feel so LONELY and adrift when I first stopped drinking and came into recovery.

Now I feel less lonely, but I still seem to find myself drifting a bit at the weekend. I don't seem to like committing myself to plans in case something better comes along, but then end up having gaps where I am not with people I feel lonely and friendless.

I do not feel like I have that many friends at the moment. I am very independent in many ways, but I need to have a look at my social life, make some changes.

Other people seem to talk about themselves so much and not even notice I am there. I get a bit disappointed by other people sometimes and wonder why I bother to try. I don't seem to fit in anyway or be noticed. What do these people do when they are alone? Continue to bang on about themselves?? They may aswell, why does it matter if no one is there!

I am tired today. Always tired. I can't seem to get the balance right at the moment. Will keep on keeping on though.

2 comments:

Kathrin Ivanovic said...

I have been dealing with some of the similar things. This is weekend #2 where I am not out and about. I try to keep busy so not to think about it - try to do things to keep myself out of my head - but yea....

Hang in there!
Kindly
Kathrin

Kathrin Ivanovic said...

Thanks for your comment.

I dont think I necessarily meant when I was drinking (because that is complicated), when I said that it feels worse now than before, but rather, it feels worse now rather than after I decided to stop drinking and didnt share that with anyone.

Sharing with someone I know IRL (even the select few) seems to have opened Pandora's Box and I am completely in panic mode.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Kindly,
Kathrin