Monday 27 August 2007

Family

My sister has a lot of financial worries at the moment and I feel so guilty and, at the same time, frustrated. I wish I could help her, she is a student and I work full time. It has taken me ages to pay off my student debts and I am slowly slowly getting better at managing my finances. I still have a long way to go in the area though as I have managed to run up some money on my credit card after studying for another qualification. I hate having debts now. It took me so long to get shot of them, but if I am not careful they start creeping up again.

My sister has been a student for the past two years and she is not even guaranteed a job at the end of it. I don't know whether I should be doing something to help. I guess we are both adults, but I feel responsible, even though it has had nothing to do with me.

I am trying to be there for her and not whinge and moan about myself too much, although this a habit of mine which I am trying to stop; whinging and moaning.

Anyway, it's been a bank Holiday here today and my weekend has been been a bit filmtastic:

Bourne Ultimatim: Fantastic
Lady Chatterly: Beautiful and peaceful film..
Also been shopping for work clothes, which I hate.

1 comment:

An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Hmm. Give a man a fish, or teach him how to fish. Theres more to helping others than just handing out money you know. Caryy the message not the alcoholic. Sometimes protecting others from the consequences of their actions enables them to become less personally responsible. but who ever said helping people was easy? It isn't. every case seems to raise a new moral dilemma. but I reckon it does us good to agonise over these things. Well thats what I think. In the end we are powerless anyway, which just confuses things even more!
Just do your lousy best. But the better you live your OWN life, the more skills you have to pass to your sister.. So its a win win if you concentrate on your own life..